Things I Think I Should Be Writing Down

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

the precipice between groundlessness and flight

Since last writing, I have acquired a beautiful MacBook Pro. My dream was realized, and I now own a Mac. I don't think it can get any better.

I'm tired. Tired of being frustrated and sad. Life isn't bad, life isn't even all that boring anymore. I'm just kind of in this middle area, maybe it's appropriate to say 'the groundlessness between precipice and flight;. Not quite off the ground but not soaring either. It's a phrase that I yanked from a friend via some Ani DiFranco lyrics. That's my next conquest. Tackling an Ani DiFranco album.

I lost my OiNK subscription today, which is sort of devastating. I'm hoping I find an in again at some point. We'll see what happens. God damn, my wrists hurt terribly right now. I can't be typing like this all the time. *Cracks nuckles*.

300 blew. Don't sway me. I was bored and tried to go to sleep. Some cool visuals though. It was sterile. Probably smelled like a doctor's office too.

Reconnected with some folk lately, which is nice. We'll see how that goes. I'm happy but it's feeling a little strange still.

I'm down 27 pounds, give or take a few. Just 23 more and then I'll be at my goal. I started at 210, and today I was 185. I've been as low as 183 before, but I can't seem to curb my sweet tooth lately.

I've been hanging out with an unexpected friend a lot lately, and that makes me happy. I'm really calm, and it gives me this strange vibe that anything can happen. I haven't had that feeling probably in a few years...you know? It's like, comforting...but scary...and not quite welcome but not unwelcome either? I dunno, I have to stop thinking.

Isn't it amazing how great conversation can completely alter your mood?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad our conversation did something, we haven't spoken like that in awhile and it was cool. i hope things with you and this gal pal work out!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home